It’s hard for a dog to relax during the Spring and Summer if he or she is terrified of bad weather, loud noises and more. A calming supplement works great for helping to reduce your pet’s anxiety and stress caused by thunderstorms, fireworks, gun shots, vet visits, and traveling. There are a variety of calming supplements that are effective for use at home and on the go. In addition, many calming supplements are made with natural ingredients that are safe to give to your dog.
For home use, try a spray or plug-in to help keep your dog calm, while at home. A spray like Comfort Zone Spray DAP for dogs may be used on your dog’s bedding or any place where your dog likes to rest. To help make a living space more comfortable for your dog during a stressful period, the Comfort Zone with D.A.P. Plug-inworks like a regular plug-in and fills the room with D.A.P. that is just like the natural reassuring pheromone produced by female dogs during nursing. Either one of these calming supplements is ideal for use when your dog is left alone and natural helps to calm your dog and reduce barking, whimpering and other destructive behaviors.
For use when traveling, there are a variety of calming supplements that may be given to your dog orally. Vets Best Comfort Calmis a chewable tablet that may be given to your dog to relieve anxiety and stress. It contains Tryptophan to naturally calm your dog during travel, vet visits, thunderstorms, fireworks and more. Another calming supplement that is tasty and easy to administer to your dog is the Pet-Ease Soft Chews for Dogs . These tasty treats are soft and chewy and have a chicken flavor that dog’s love to it.
TOP WILD BIRD PRODUCTS
Now is a great time to put out your hummingbird feeder or add to your hummingbird feeder collection with a charming, beautiful, and unique hummingbird feeder. The more hummingbird feeders that you have on display in your yard, the more hummingbirds that will come to visit your yard this summer. Hummingbirds are attracted to bright, red colors and enjoy drinking sweet hummingbird nectar. So, choose a hummingbird feeder that has red on it or fill your hummingbird feeder with hummingbird nectar that is colored red.
One of my favorite new hummingbird feeders is the Butterfly Perch Glass Hummingbird Feederby Exhart. This attractive hummingbird feeder has a four butterfly shaped feeding ports with a colored, transparent glass ball. It is also designed to glow in the dark, so it shimmers at night. The glass ball is may be filled with red or clear hummingbird nectar.
A fun way to light up your yard and feed the hummingbirds at the same time is by using the Solar Glass Hummingbird Stakes, which is also made by Exhart. These colorful, glass bulbs make a statement along a walkway, pathway, and patio or garden area. They are available in a pack of four assorted, vibrant colors. The birds will love to drink from them and you will enjoy the beautiful light that they provide at night.
A beautiful, cut-glass style hummingbird feeder is the Ruby Glass Hummingbird Feeder by Audubon Woodlink. It is made for vibrant, red glass that has facets to make it really stand out. It is easy to clean because it has a wider opening than other hummingbird feeders and has four flower shaped feeding ports. It is great for attracting multiple hummingbirds to your yard at one time.
Keeping your reptile healthy and happy is a delicate balance for any reptile owner, but if you have the essentials items that are necessary for the health and well-being of your reptile in your reptile’s habitat, your reptile should live a long, healthy and happy life. A few of the essential items that every reptile owner should have in the terrarium include a reliable source of heat and light, a mister or water source to keep your reptile’s habitat humid and comfortable, and reptile litter for bedding or burrowing. Below are some essential items that will make your reptile’s habitat healthy and happy:
- A good source of light and heat is essential to the health and well-being of your reptile. The Single Socket Terrarium Hood is an easy way to add heat and light in your reptile’s habitat. This terrarium hood has a reflector to help keep your warm as he lays under this light source and provides both daytime and nightime heat to help mimic nature. It is also available in two sizes to properly fit your tank.
- A great way to keep your reptile’s habitat humid and comfortable is to install a mister in your reptile’s terrarium. The Tropic-Aire Terrarium Humidifier and Air Exchanger helps to keep the terrarium feeling moist and helps to keep your reptile hydrated. It is easy to install and use and eliminates the need for using a hand mister on a regular basis. It is designed to be used with a 55-gallon tank and keeps air feeling fresh and moist.
- Give your reptile a place to burrow and nest by using sand and substrate in the tank. Use Repti Sand Box in the terrarium for a natural look and to make your reptile feel more at home. It is also a good idea to put Reptifresh Substrate in the terrarium to keep the sand fresher. This substrate may be mixed in with the sand to keep it fresher.
TOP WILD BIRD PRODUCTS
Add instant charm and character to your yard with a beautiful, bejeweled bird feeder in your yard. A bejeweled bird feeder is perfect for attracting and feeding the birds. Made by Exhart, these beautiful, bejeweled bird feeders are available in a variety of vibrant, bright colors that will attract birds and delight visitors who come to your yard. Each bejeweled, bird feeder is constructed of metal wire encrusted with glass jewels that sparkle in the sun. In the center sits a clear, plastic seed tube that makes it easy to see when the bird feeder needs to be refilled. The seed tube has four ports to feed multiple birds at one time and is easy to refill. The outer wire cage helps protect the bird seed from the squirrels. Here are a few of the fun bejeweled bird feeders to choose from:
- The Bejeweled Apple Bird Feeder has a fun, apple design that is sure to get noticed in your yard. The outer shell is made of twisted wire that is painted red that surrounds beautiful red jewels. Two metal leaves and a stem on the top complete the apple design. The center seed tube holds up to 1.5 pounds of bird seed.
- The Bejeweled Orange Bird Feeder is another fruit inspired, bejewled bird feeder that looks very attractive in any yard and has great attention to detail. The orange bejeweled bird feeder has orange painted wire with orange glass jewels to attract the birds to your yard. It also has a metal leaf and stem on the top that adds a realistic touch to the bejeweled bird feeder and holds 1.5 pounds of bird seed.
- Another beautiful, bejeweled bird feeder that is sure to catch the bird’s eye is the Filigree Globe Birdfeeder with Jewels. This bejeweled bird feeder has beautiful blue jewels attached to silver wire. The globe shape looks great hanging in a tree or on a post near a patio.
A convenient and easy way to let your pet in and out of the house is by installing a pet door on the exterior of your home. Pet doors are fairly easy to install and once they are installed you won’t have to worry about letting your dog or cat outside of the house again. Pets that use a pet door are also less likely to have an accident inside your home and really enjoy the freedom of coming and going as they please to enjoy the outdoors. There are several types of pet doors to choose from and selecting the right one is very important. It is a good idea to choose a pet door that is appropriate for the size of your pet. If you have a large dog, a pet door for a small dog or a cat will not work for your dog. You will also have to determine the location for the pet door. Some pet doors may be installed directly into the exterior door or in the exterior wall. Here are a few of my favorite pet doors:
- The Extreme Weather Door by Radio Systems Corp is made to be installed on an exterior door in your home. This pet door is available in three sizes, small, medium, and large, and great for helping to save on energy. This weather-resistance pet door helps to keep the outside air from getting into your home with its three flaps. It is also great for keeping insects and other critters out of your home.
- If it isn’t possible for you to install a pet door in your home’s exterior door, try the Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Doorby Petsafe. Install this pet door directly into the exterior wall of your home. It is also available in three sizes to properly fit the size of your dog.
- For cat owners, the InfraRed Cat Door makes a great pet door option for your cat to use. This pet door is designed to only open with the infrared collar that your cat wears, so it won’t open for other small critters and pests.
TOP WILD BIRD PRODUCTS
Taking care of your unfinished, wooden birdhouseis not only important for the health and well being of the birds that will live in it, but also makes your unfinished, wooden birdhouse last longer. An unfinished, wooden birdhouse will need some care before you hang it outside for the birds to use. If you buy or have an unfinished, wooden birdhouse, here are some tips to follow when taking care of your unfinished, wooden birdhouse to make it safe for the birds and to help it last longer:
- Inside of the Birdhouse. It is not a good idea to paint the inside of your unfinished, wooden birdhouse. Paint can be toxic to birds and can chip and crack, which can get into the bird’s nest, food, etc. In addition, the inside texture of the wood should smooth and never sticky because it can harm the bird’s feathers and more.
- Outside of the Birdhouse. When taking care of the outside of the unfinished, wooden birdhouse, you may want to paint it or use a waterproof varnish for a more natural look. If you decide to paint it, use a non-toxic paint that is made for outdoor use and avoid using a dark paint, such as black or dark brown or blue. A dark or black paint will cause the birdhouse to heat up in the sun and make the birdhouse to hot inside for the birds. If you want your unfinished, wooden birdhouse to blend in better with nature, use earth-tone colors in a weather-resistant paint for a more natural look. When using a waterproof vanish, use a marine varnish or another type of varnish that will not become sticky under the hot sun. Give the back or sides an extra coat if the back or sides will be touching a tree or wall.
TOP WILD BIRD PRODUCTS
A great way to get more bird into your yard is to offer the bird fresh water on a daily basis. Birds need to drink fresh water every day and also enjoy taking a dip in the water to clean themselves. An easy way to provide the birds with fresh water on a regular base is to place or hang a birdbath in your yard. Use a birdbath that is shallow and easy for the birds to locate. The ideal birdbath should be around 12 inches or larger in diameter and have a bottom that is easy for the birds to see how shallow it is. Place your birdbath in a location that is easy for the birds to see and access. A good place to place your birdbath is away from your home and in a location where birds can easily flee if needed. Once you have placed your birdbath in a location that is best for the birds, keep it filled with fresh water on a regular basis.
One of my favorite birdbaths is the Hanging Bird Bath with Misterby Zoobox International. This birdbath has steps for the birds to wade in the water and it is easy for the birds to see how shallow the water is. It comes with a mister that runs on solar power and continually sprays a fine mist of water that birds love to bath in. It is available in a variety of colors and red is the best for attracting hummingbirds.
Another great birdbath by Zoobox International is the Multi-Level Octagonal Birdbath. This free-standing birdbath is a light color and varied tiers that make it easy for birds to see the water depth. It has the look of expensive stone, but not the weight of stone because it is made of fiberglass.
Keeping your dog’s teeth healthy and clean is not only important for the health of your dog’s teeth, but can also affect the overall health of your dog. It is important to make sure your dog’s teeth are brushed on a regular basis to help prevent tartar build-up and tooth decay. You can also keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthier by giving your dog a dental treat on a regular basis and by having your dog chew on a rope toy. A rope toy for dogs acts as dental floss and can get in between teeth to remove lodged food, plaque, and tartar. Here are some great dog dental items to make caring for your dog’s teeth fun for your dog and convenient for you:
- A toothbrush and toothpaste. Every dog needs a good tooth brush to help remove plague and tartar. Use a toothbrush like Nutri-Vet Toothbrush for Dogs at least two times a week to help keep your dog’s teeth healthy. To make brushing more enjoyable for your dog, use a toothpaste that is flavored, such as St. JON Naturals Peanut Flavored Toothpaste. Dogs love the taste of the peanut butter and using flavored toothpaste makes your dog more willing to get his or her teeth brushed.
- Dental Treats and Toys. Give your dog dental treats on a regular basis to help remove tartar and plaque in between brushing. Denta-Treat Dog Chews are a great dental treat for small or medium size dogs and are made to be easily digested by your dog. Another great dental treat for dogs is the Nutri-Dent Fresh Dog Chew. This treat is available in three sizes and has bumps on it to help massage gums and remove tartar. To help add some more fun to your dog dental routine, use a dental toy like the Dental Kong for Dog Dental Care by Kong to help massage gums, get in between teeth to remove plaque and exercise the jaw.
TOP WILD BIRD PRODUCTS
Purple Martins are the ideal guest for your backyard because they help to reduce the mosquito and insect population, which makes it easier for you and your family to enjoy spending time in the yard. Attracting these useful birds can be tricky, but once you have attracted them to your yard, it is likely that they will stay for many years to come.
It is a good idea to find out first if Purple Martins are prevailant in your area. If Purple Martins are in abundance in the area around your home, then you will probably have a better chance at attracting. In addition, Purple Martins looked for flat areas to settle in. A Purple Martin bird house near a lake or open field makes attracting them easier because they are aerial feeders and like to fly in open spaces.
A great way to attract more Purple Martins to your yard is to install a Purple Martin bird house, Plastic 12 Room Purple Martin House, near a flat area. Installing a purple martin bird house is easy and helps to attract more Purple Martins because these types of birds prefer to live in a colony. Choose an apartment-style house or Purple Martin gourds to make your yard more inviting.
If you are new to attracting Purple Martins, choose a Purple Martin house that is smaller in size or install a small grouping of Purple Martin gourds. You may also want to place a purple martin decoy by the house to initially attract purple martins. If a Purple Martin thinks a home is already occupied, he or she will be more likely to make the bird house in your yard their new home.
Once you have an established Purple Martin colony, then you can install a larger Purple Martin bird house to accommodate a growing Purple Martin colony.